.....wow, after Sweden I just realized, sitting here in the New York airport... Americans have a really dull and bothersome dress code. Not the service people or w.e, I'm talking about the people-people. Davis your right, I am getting culture shock already:P
ugh. I'm going to miss the good fish over there. Haha, I bet you all miss me over there in Sweden and Finland... you know it from the heart lol. (inside joke)
Inside joke: not meaning a joke that is only to be told inside, but a joke that is known between a group of friends, and is only humorous to those who know the origin of the joke, or to those who like to laugh at jokes they do not understand, so as not to feel like a fool. Until someone ask's them something about the joke, and they stutter and stumble, and thereby, feel like a fool.
-ANYYYWAY-
this next post will be a list of distasteful things that I have seen since arriving in the US.
ShaylaRose
hates big sandals
detests floppy hats
abominates dull-colored clothing
abhors huge cheesburgers
loathes hippie flower patterns
disrelishes too-big-of portions
dislikes people who will do anything to create drama
as if the people themselves arent dramatic enough.
depricates the sound R's make here
DID I MENTION I HATE BIG SANDALS?!
rejects thick-flip-flops
distains big tennis shoes
looks down nose at longlong fingernails
...especially painted ones...
scorns how it's like a crime to be different in looks here
has no use for fake-obvious looking highlights
AHHH HATES TIE-DIED CLOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
derides the color maroon
disgusts platform heels!
repudiates how guys wear shirts that say ''tough guys wear pink.''
looks down contempsiously on grandmas that pack on make-up
im telling you ladies, it gives me a fright.
eschews how African-American airport workers 98% of the time have an attitude
is bothered when people wear dis-colored hose
detests big walkie talkies
also detests how people actually use them! who do you think you are? G.I.Joe?
frowns apon gauchos!
HATES BIG FAT SANDALS!
wrinkles her nose at tourist dress-code
cries her eyes out at the non-seaside-ness
is EXTREMELY bothered that most grandmas have short, curly, died hair
is annoyed by sandals that try to pose as tennisshoes
blows her nose at the gangster look
longs to yank longlong hair apon a guys head
digusted by girls who just wont accept that they're not guys
stresses apon pants that are clearly too short
disturbed by people who slump in their chair or slouch when walking
thats only acceptable if your a hunchback, people! ..or old and cannot
help it that your back insists on bending all the time
OH AND I HATE clothing that advertise stupid things like
''cutie'' or '' i <3>
shayla
hates fanny packs.
O_o
might as well have just said that i hate America lol.
this post is again by me, and i realize that hate is indeed a strong word, however, no big sandals,
floppy hats, dull color-coded clothing, huge cheeseburgers, hippie flower-patterns, too big of portions, people who do anything to create drama, the sounds R's make, thick flip-flops, tennis-shoes, short hair, long,long fingernails, (especially painted ones), fake-obvious looking highlights, tie-dyed clothing, the color maroon, platform heels, shirts that say ''tough guys wear pink'', grandmas with frightening make-up, african american airport workers with an attitude, people wearing discolored hose, big walkie-talkies, people who actually use them, gauchos, people who look like tourists, the non-seaside ness, grandmas that have short curly died hair, sandals trying to pose as tennis shoes, gangters, guys with longlong hair, girls who think theyre guys, clearly too short of pants, people who slump while walking or sitting, shirts that say stupid things like cutie, OR fanny packs-were harmed during the writing of the journal, or the creation of this blog-post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow, you could have just said it in the first place! hehe
haha :) thanks! :) my meshayla humor tank has been filled for today. and i totally agree. sandals? eeww! and fanny packs? thats like.. so 80s..or whenever. a long time ago. and yes, every single old lady had short crinkely died hair.. its a known fact. :P
haha! i know where to come when i need a laugh! :D and i love your vocabulary, shayla!
And you DO know it from the heart I see! Yes Swe/Fin and your sister workers does miss you here...please come back soon!
I loves you, La
Oh shay... you ingenious never ceases to amaze me... YOU of all people create a teeny tiny itty bitty, not really worth mentioning, desire to start up a blog of my own... did I say it was tiny and not worth mentioning?? oh, I did, oh ok good...
Post a Comment