Aren't you all just so excited for this?
I'm sure you are. It's weird though, whenever people find out that Nathan and I are going to Finland for two months, it's not a very excited facial expression we receive. Unless frantically widened eyes and whipped out brown paper bags is counted as enthusiastic behavior.. Even the people we DON'T know are skeptical! So we got to the motel last night, checking in and whatever, and Aunt Lu tells the guy working that Nathan and I are flying over-seas to Finland in the morning. And what does this man say? ''look out Finland...'' We just met the guy! Well... sort of. There waaas a teeny episode that occured beforehand that involved Nathan and myself trying to convince him to let us go swimming after the pool closed, (it was near closing time) So after I tell the man that we're mature 16 year olds, Nathan whips out his maturity and says; ''Yeah! We're really mature!... GAAAAH! A COCK-ROACH!!!''
That probably would have blown our chances, but the guy laughed and said sure we could swim whenever. He most likely had a secret fear of cockroaches and was so relieved to find that someone else shared his fear, that he would have done whatever we'd asked. Darn. And I really wanted some tootsie rolls. Oh yes, and I didn't even mention Nathan's feeling of bloated-ness. But he was definitely feeling a bit off or something, because it's not considered normal behavior to walk bent way over and head-butt elevator doors. Oh well. When have either of us been considered normal? Well I suppose it's possible, but we usually stomp upon any hopes within five minutes of meeting someone. Nathan and I are in Newark/New York at the moment. In fact, we'll be here until 5 hours is up. Oh the joy. You probably think it would be, knowing us and our plethora of outrageous ideas. I mean, by now we should have made at least 10 videos of various subjects including things like: The Deliciousness of Beef Jerky, 50 Reasons Why I Stare At Swedes, including answers like: ''Because apparently they all wear hand-me-downs from 12 year old girls, no matter how much older they are, or what gender.
And also, ''Isn't it strange how they all seem to have tripped in a puddle of bleach, managing to soak only their hair?''
How unfortunate of them.
7 comments:
ROFL! The bleach one is my favorite... although Nathan is one to talk!
Yes... I can't IMAGINE why people would say things, such as "look out Finland!" when they find out you're going together!
And you were there all that time and didn't ONCE think to call your mothers? All I can say, is to echo that man "look out Finland", and I've know you as long as you've been alive. Both of you.
We did call them.. I think their memory was weird or something, because mom didn't say to call when we took off, but when we landed. Which we did. We also called both of them for a little bit in Newark. But we didn't find it necessary to talk to our moms for five hours while waiting at the airport. I mean, although our mothers talk for five hours, we apparently didn't inherit that gene. Unless it's talking in person. That I can do.
OH! NOW I know what you were doing in Newark--probably until the last minute. Yes, you DID call us when you arrived, but you missed the memo about calling us when you were ready to board again.
But hey, we knew if you missed your flight that you WOULD call us, so no prob. right? :D
I miss you, but looking forward to getting great doses of your humor via blog land!
♥
Lol, a 16 year old screaming at a cockroach. I can understand if it was a huge thing about to eat him..but if it was tiny?..really?
Have fun and don't forget about us over here suffering of boredom. Jk.
Hi ~ You don't really know me except I'm that lady who was with your mom last fall where you are now. Please, please, please give your Sis a big hug for me and a big hello to everyone else! And I'll compile my shopping list before you head home...chocolate, cheese, etc...jk!
Dear Shay and Nate, Hope you are still having a wonderfull time. Keep the words rolling on your post if not the vidio camera. Hope that is working for you. I found another batterie for it here :( But am sure you can keep it charged for the little while you sleep at night. Love your posts. Love and hugs to Laura Your oldest sister and cousin.
Post a Comment